Historical settings that I currently have as seeds in a Google Doc that I may or may not eventually develop:
- Islamic Golden Age Changeling: the Lost
- Renaissance Italy Demon: the Descent
- Spanish Conquest of the New World Hunter: the Vigil
- Golden Age of Piracy Geist: the Sin-Eaters
- Seven Year’s War (Canada) Vampire: the Requiem
- French Revolution Vampire: the Requiem
- Meiji Restoration Werewolf: the Forsaken
- WW2 (North Africa) Mummy: the Curse
- 1950s America Promethean: the Created
I still need a Mage setting and really wish I knew enough about China to do a setting set there; a Mongol setting would also be super cool. A Victorian setting feels nearly mandatory for something. On the plus side, nothing medieval!
I’ve been thinking for a long time that the Angkor Civilization for Mage: The Awakening would be a really interesting setting. It is a place where devaraja (godkings) ruled courts where brahmin priests used Sanskrit texts and chants in religious ceremonies and royal palaces were designed to replicate the godly city on Mount Meru.
That alone has the Silver Ladder written all over it.